Thursday, September 19, 2013

Progesterone Update

I haven't had a chance to get online and update since I've been traveling. The lab technician from the doctors office called me Friday about an hour before I was about to leave for NJ. Apparently my progesterone dropped. Last time it was 15.2 and now it was 10.5. Even though its still in the normal range its in the low normal range so the doctor prescribed me some progesterone pills. She gave me 100mg 2x per day until I am 10 weeks along. That's when the placenta takes over and progesterone is no longer as important. Thankfully I was able to pick them up right before my trip.

I am feeling pretty comfortable with this plan. This pregnancy feels a lot different than the last two that I lost. I noticed that I have a lot less discomfort which makes me wonder if the other pregnancies were doomed from the beginning. I had extreme burning sensation in my uterus area for both pregnancies that I lost but none with A and this one. I am going back to the doctors on Wednesday to get another ultrasound to see how things are progressing. I am HOPING we can see a heartbeat flicker.

We have been really enjoying our time in NJ. A and I got to visit our old apartment where S and I lived together for the first time and then we went to the beach. It was so much fun. A was smiling, chasing waves, playing with sand and we had an awesome lunch on the beach. Then we went to a local chocolate store and had caramel covered apples on the boardwalk. I miss living so close to the beach so much. We even got a little tan! Check us out today! Nothing beats cuddling with you baby while watching the waves roll by. What an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment