Monday, August 12, 2013

Decision, Decisions....

Hello! I cant believe the weekend flew by so fast. Since the government furlough's got shortened this was our last long weekend. We finally got a chance to go to NJ and visit family that we haven't seen since maybe March! A had an awesome time visiting her grandparents and S and I got to take a 2 hour nap in an afternoon....together! That hasn't happened since before A was born.

Anyway, lets get to the juicy stuff. I went to the doctor on Thursday to discuss my low progesterone. My doctor believes I'm not ovulating based on the low progesterone tests and prescribed me Clomid. I was hoping she would be a little more thorough but she would like me to do unmonitored Clomid which is making me feel a bit uncomfortable. Normally there is a bunch of tests they want you do before starting fertility treatment but she didn't care to do any of that.

I have done a fair amount of my own research and talked to friends who have been in a similar situation and I keep coming across the same info...unmonitored Clomid can be dangerous. There are many risk factors but the two main ones that stick out to me are a much higher chance of conceiving twins and the possibility of over stimulating your ovaries. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind 2 babies but financially it may be quite a bit challenging. The health risks of carrying twins also scares me and when I told S the chance he kind of gave me the side eye. I definitely don't think he would be able to handle two for the price of one.

I have had a lot of time to think this weekend and decided to take another month or two before Clomid. I have been been doing the cheap OPK's which don't really give me a definite answer so I ordered the Clear Blue OPK's to see if I can get a better positive this month. If I do not get a positive along with another low progesterone draw on CD 20 this month then I will consider taking the Clomid. I feel like I need more confirmation that I am really not ovulating than just 2 progesterone draws.

I also ordered the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and will try charting again this month. Last month was a mess but maybe this month will work out better. I think that's all I got for now! I got a low of Etsy order this weekend so I'm off to unpack and get crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment