Monday, April 1, 2013

When Booking a Cruise...


When you are looking into booking a cruise make sure you enter all the right info from the beginning, otherwise you will end up like me having to change a million things afterwards. I think I spent a good hour on the phone today fixing issues that I could have easily prevented!

A little over a month ago S and I decided we want to take a vacation from life and it’s been so long since we have done so. Life has thrown us a few curves since December but I will get into those in another post soon and a break is just what we need. Well I decided to browse around www.cruise.com and sure enough I found a cruise that would work perfect for us! The cruise leaves out of NYC for 7 days to the Bahamas and we dont have to buy plane tickets since were in MD! I got super excited and talked to S about it that night.

The next day I was sitting around and I wanted to find out all the prices and details. I selected a cabin type we wanted but didn’t look much further because I was just "checking things out" and in order to get the right quotes you have to put in all the details such as your age, address etc. Being lazy I half assed everything with half the wrong info and didn’t think much of it since I only wanted a general quote. I got my quote and went on with my day.

Well about a few hours later a rep from www.cruise.com calls me because they saw my entry (apparently I got my phone number right!) and offers us all these deals that come with booking right now, which we did. Well, all that half ass stuff I entered...was now part of our booking. When S was on the phone with them he was able to change a bunch of details like our birthday's etc but one thing nobody noticed or mentioned to us was that we were in a handicapped cabin! Normally this wouldn’t be a problem but since A is coming with us, I would love to have a bath tub so she can get a bath in.

We booked a Penthouse Suite with a large balcony and one of the features was bath and a shower but not in the handicap room. I tried to change our reservations online but it didn’t work. I had to call in and spend all that time trying to change our room and thank goodness they had ONE cabin of our category left that they were able to move us. Now I am excited again.

Lesson learned. If you want to do something, do it right from the beginning! This is our ship and what our room is like. I know it looks small for a room but for a cruise cabin it's actually pretty big!




No comments:

Post a Comment