Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter!


Happy Easter everyone! What an exhausting day. My family came down from NJ to visit for breakfast and lunch. It was so nice to see them. I love seeing them but boy is preparing for guests exhausting when you are anal about every detail of what you serve and what it looks like. I'm pretty sure I gained that trait from my mother.

A went to bed pretty early last night so I was left to my own devices of preparing everything early. This morning when I got up everything was already pre sliced, sautéed and ready to be put together. I even went as far as making own bread and making homemade butter. I never realized how easy it is to make homemade butter and the difference in taste it has until I tried it. I don’t think I can ever go back. All you do is take 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip around 10-15 minutes with a hand mixer. After about 10 minutes you will see the liquid (buttermilk) separate from the butter. Drain the buttermilk and keep mixing and draining until no more liquid is left and tadaaaaa, you have butter! Add salt if desired.

Most of my recipes this year came from Pinterest. I love, love, love Pinterest! There are so many great ideas already picked out for me and all I have to do is tag. I only wish there was ways of rating a recipe, it’s hard to know what recipe will be good or not without any rating's. I found myself lately steering clear of Pinterest for recipe's and sticking to Allrecipes instead.

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I would say it’s right up there with Christmas but one thing that creeps me out about Easter is the darn Easter Bunny costumes. Yes, sometimes there is a cute bunny and I noticed more of them (thank goodness!) this year but there are still a fair share of scary ones out there. Our homeowners association has an annual Easter Egg Hunt and I have no idea where they got their costume from, but my goodness, that thing can give kids nightmares for days! I will entertain you with a picture. Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing the bunny screaming "FUUUU*K" every time I look at his picture???


                                                                         Scary much?


Ok, Enough about scary bunnies.  A had an awesome time with her family and I am so glad. Last year she was too young to do much but this year she gave everyone a run for their money. She was like a little hurricane and it was nice having other's around to watch her while I get stuff done. It’s not a luxury I am used to. Here we are in our Easter best!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment