Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chlorine Is Not Our Friend!


What a beautiful weekend this was! As usual I planned a million things we wanted to do but realistically got a chance to only do a few. One of them was going swimming at our YMCA today. We canceled our membership but still have access until the end of April. We were hoping to get a lot of swimming in but it looks like that won’t be happening anymore.

A has been diagnosed with eczema because for the past few weeks she has been having major flair up's around her belly, legs and behind her ears. We went to the doctor and she prescribed us Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01% which is an oil you put on the skin after moistening it first. The eczema fully cleared up within 2 days and we haven’t had a breakout for a few days. Then we went to the pool on Wednesday and it returned but it wasn’t all that bad. Today we went to the pool once again and it was fully back.

I have no idea what took me so long to realize what it was from. I guess I figured since we were in the pool last year without any problems that it wasn’t what was causing it. I was thinking maybe it’s the chlorine that they use at the YMCA or maybe her skin just changed in the past year. I hope she grows out of it soon. At least it doesn’t seem to bother her. Here is a lovely picture of her little ham leg!


No comments:

Post a Comment