Monday, April 29, 2013

UTI, You Are Not My Friend


Of course now that we are ttc for the first time in forever that I get a UTI. Haven’t had one in forever and when I need to be good and healthy this thing springs up on me! I hate you UTI, I hate you. We are not friends!

Saturday morning I woke up feeling kind of funny. It kind of felt like my period was about to come but because I am mid cycle I knew it wasn’t possible. Maybe just maybe I was wishful thinking that I was feeling implantation but soon enough I would find out otherwise.

We had a birthday party to attend to Saturday afternoon and all morning I was feeling ok, just funny. We went to the party which was really nice, I enjoyed seeing friends and family. I told S that I wasn’t feeling too hot and we should start heading home soon. We got home and as soon as I sat on the toilet to go pee, I knew that was going on and my next thought was "Ughhhhhhhh".

Even thought I knew, I ran to Walmart to pick up a test. Since peeing on a pregnancy test will be a bust now for this month at least I get to pee on the UTI test right? I didn’t even know they had tests until recently which was pretty cool. So I picked up the test and some Cystex (relieves UTI pain so it claims) and hoping for the best. Got home, took the test and it was positive :-/ Took the Cystex and it was useless. A few hours later I am crouched over in pain with a water bottled filled with hot water between my legs about to cry.

S was kind enough to go back to Walmart and pick me up some AZO and I called into the doctor to see if he would call in an Rx for me which he did. Thankfully the pharmacy was still open and I was able to get the meds. I also had S pick up some cranberry juice. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find "real" cranberry juice that isn’t mixed with a bunch of other crap? He finally found pure cranberry juice and one liter was $7!

It wasn’t until midnight that the pain finally subsided just a bit where I was able to fall asleep. I have never had a UTI hurt this bad before. Holy smokes! It literally felt comparable to what my lady garden felt like after giving birth. The burn was just horrible.

On an upside, we got a bunch of stuff done this weekend! Annabelle got a new playground, we put out our lawn furniture and we even cleaned the outside of the house. Now I just must survive 5 more days. Five more days and I will be on a boat away from everything!

I leave you with this. A strawberry champagne tea amidst the chaos of my living room that I am enjoying while A naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment